Shrimp Boil Packs
Shrimp boil packs are an easier way to get the great flavors of a shrimp boil without turning on the stove.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 ears corn on the cobb
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, Cooked and sliced into 1 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons old bay seasoning
- 3-4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- heavy duty aluminum foil
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 400º.
2. Wrap corn in plastic wrap and microwave for about 1 minute until just slightly cooked, or boil until just slightly cooked on the stove. Cut each cob into 3-4 pieces.
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter and combine with garlic and Old Bay seasoning. Add lemon juice. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine corn cobs, shrimp and sliced sausage. Pour butter mixture over the shrimp mixture and stir until coated.
5. Divide mixture into 4 sections and place on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil Fold into a square packet. Place on Grill and cook for about 8 minutes on one side, gently turn and cook an additional 5 minutes until shrimp are just cooked.
If making in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes.
6. While the packets are cooking, cook remaining 1/2 cup butter over medium high heat until browned. Remove from heat.
7. When packets are done, open and drizzle with browned butter before serving.
Make sure use heavy duty foil or double wrap them so they don’t break open on the grill. Try adding potatoes, just cook them first so they are almost done before adding them to the pack.