Apple cider muffins are like donuts without the hole. Add chopped apples to make them an even better breakfast treat.
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. (Paper liners don’t work well)
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs. In a measuring cup, add the cider buttermilk and vanilla and stir to combine then add to the egg mixture. Add this to your flour mixture, stirring just until combined, don’t over mix. Fold in chopped apples.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, add to muffin tins until about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool until you can handle them, they should still be warm.
6. While the muffins are baking, make the topping. Combine melted butter and apple cider in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Once muffins are cool enough to handle, dip the top in the cider mixture and then dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Best served warm.