Au Gratin Potatoes
Au Gratin Potatoes are comfort food at it’s best. Cheesy and decadent, perfect for any gathering. A unique method for cooking the potatoes makes them even Creamier.
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1 ½ cups cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces gruyere, grated
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Add cream and milk to a large pot. Peel potatoes and slice very thin (I used a cusinart). Place in the pot with the milk. Add garlic and salt and pepper and bring slowly to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour into the prepared dish. Grate nutmeg on top and cover with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Ruth Reichl My Kitchen Year