Blueberry cookies with lemon are a scone like cookie with white chocolate.
Taylor and I went blueberry picking last weekend, and while I froze most of them, we had plenty to eat and experiment with. I found this cookie recipe that uses fresh blueberries and white chocolate. They were a little scone like but in cookie form. They are simple to make and the lemon and fresh blueberries were just perfect with the white chocolate. I will make these again with my frozen blueberries when it is cold and miserable outside, and be reminded of warm summer days.
Cuisine Summer 2014
- Category: cookie
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 lemon , zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 8 ounces white chocolate , chopped
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition until blended. Beat in zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Beat just to combine.
- Fold blueberries and white chocolate into dough. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop cookies using an ice cream scoop onto baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are slightly golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Let cookies cool 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Cuisine Summer 2014