Bourbon Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- ¼ cup butter flavored shorteneing
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablaespoon heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350º and arrange parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Roast pecans and while hot, stir in 2 tablespoons of additional butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Process oats in food processor for about 10 seconds until finely chopped.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, bourbon and cream. Add egg and beat just to blend.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. On the lowest speed, add flour mixture to the butter mixture in several portions. Stir in the oats and pecans.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until puffy and light browned not eh edges. Allow to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes and remove to rack.