What type of CHOCOLATE is best for chocolate caramel bark
How do you make Chocolate Caramel Bark
Step 1: Line up graham crackers on a rimmed baking sheet. If, like me, you are making several batches and don’t have enough rimmed sheets, put an empty baking sheet underneath just in case it drips over. Mine did not, but came close. This is one of those recipes that it helps to have everything ready before you start.
Step 2: Make the Caramel by cooking brown sugar and butter and pour it over the graham crackers.
Tips for making CARAMEL
- Make sure there is no moisture in the saucepan
- Use a candy thermometer and remove when it reaches 300º
- If no candy thermometer, look for a deep golden color
- You don’t need to stir it, but if you just have to stir, it won’t ruin it
- Pour this over the graham crackers immediately, if it separates, don’t worry, it will still taste awesome
Step 3: Bake for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Melt chocolate in a microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until just melted.
Step 5: Pour chocolate mixture over caramel mixture and immediately add nuts and sprinkle with flaky salt.
Step 6: Let cool completely and then refrigerate or freeze to harden before breaking into pieces.
Other TOPPING ideas for Chocolate Caramel Bark
Try topping with almonds or toasted coconut or be festive and add some sprinkles.
The end result is a heavenly combination of chocolate, salted caramel and pecans on a crunchy graham cracker base. I just put them in a cellophane bag and add some ribbon to tie it shut and then store them in the freezer so that when I need to take a gift around the holidays, I have one ready to go. Everyone who has received these holiday treats has raved about how rich and delicious chocolate caramel bark is. It’s great for a hostess gift or just leave it in the freezer and grab a piece every time you go by.
Need some other EDIBLE GIFT ideas
- If you like white chocolate, then try White Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- I always love to give cookies away, Peppery Peanut Butter Cookies add a little spicy
- Or try Special K Cookies for a buttery cookie with a splash of orange
- Your friends will love Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread
If you make Chocolate Caramel Bark, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Dark Chocolate Caramel Bark
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups pecans chopped
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place graham crackers on sheet touching each other.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, until a candy thermometer reads 300º. Do not stir. Pour over graham crackers, spread evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes until it is bubbly but not burnt.
- While baking, melt chocolate in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until just melted. Pour over baked graham cracker caramel mixture and sprinkle with pecans and flaky sea salt.
- Chill for at least 45 minutes and then break into pieces.