Chocolate Caramel Bark
Chocolate Caramel Bark is a decadent treat that’s easy to make and great for an edible gift. Graham crackers with rich caramel and dark chocolate make this treat hard to pass up.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: dessert
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark or light
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place graham crackers on sheet touching each other.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, brown sugar and salt. Start at low temperature and increase to medium and bring to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes, until a candy thermometer reads 280º to 300º. Do not stir. Pour over graham crackers, spread evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes until it is bubbly but not burnt.
- While baking, melt chocolate in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until just melted. Pour over baked graham cracker caramel mixture and sprinkle with pecans and flaky sea salt.
- Chill for at least 45 minutes and then break into bars.
Helpful tips to prevent the butter from separating: Make sure the butter is room temperature, if not warm it up in the microwave. Start heating the butter and brown sugar on low and gradually go up to medium. Don’t forget to add a little salt to the butter and brown sugar. The good thing is that even if it separates, it will still work.