How to make the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies with Browned butter
Step 3: Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour but preferably for 24 hours.
Step 4: Let the dough warm slightly at room temperature.
Step 5: Once you can get a small ice cream scoop into the dough scoop out your dough, you don’t need to press it down, it will spread out just enough so that you get beautiful cookies. My recipe made 22 pretty large cookies.
You can definitely make these smaller but whatever the size, you’ll have a hard time keeping these around. So while they take a couple of extra steps, it’s well worth it to have a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
These cookies freeze well and can also be shipped, they are sturdy enough to handle a trip. Looking for a different type of chocolate chip cookie, try Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookies with Grated Chocolate. If you really love chocolate, then Chocolate Dulce De Leche Cookies should be on your short list of cookies to try.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Browned Butter
This recipe for chocolate chip cookies made with browned butter may change your life. There are a few tricks that push these over the top to make them the BEST chocolate chip cookies around.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 22 1x
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan, cook butter over medium heat until it begins to turn brown. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Refrigerate until solid.
2. Add butter and both sugars together in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until combined, not light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture in 2 batches and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour but preferably 24 hours. Remove and let warm up enough so that you can scoop it out with an ice cream scoop.
5. Preheat oven to 350º and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Scoop out dough with an ice cream scoop and form into balls. Don’t press down.
7. Bake for 12 minutes until starting to turn brown.
If using a 2 tablespoon ic cream scoop it will make 4 dozen cookies