Cornmeal Lime Cookies
While searching for some new cookies to try this holiday, I decided to mix it up a bit and make something without nuts. These are not one of those over the top cookies but they are bursting with flavor and are perfect if you don’t want something quite so sweet. It’s rare to find a cookie without nuts or chocolate. The green from the lime zest makes these festive and a nice addition to the more traditional holiday cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons lime zest finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup medium coarse yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350º and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the lime zest and beat for 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until evenly combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Flatten each slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cookies are pale brown on the edges and still pale in the center. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Before cooled completely, brush the cookies with a thin layer of the glaze. and let set for about 10 minutes.
- Glaze: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply