If you’re looking for a delicious but slightly different cookie recipe, you will love Cranberry Apricot Oatmeal Cookies. A notch above a traditional oatmeal cookie with the addition of apricots and ginger. They’ll hold their shape for shipping or try giving them as a hostess gift.
1. Preheat oven to 375º and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add flour, baking soda and spices. Stir in the oats and salt and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the apricots, raisins, and cranberries and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, combine the butter, sugars and vanilla, cream on medium speed until very pale and fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate each egg and scraping down the bowl as needed. Turn to low speed and add the dry ingredients in 3 additions and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Add the dried fruit and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl to make sure you have incorporated any dry ingredients on the bottom.
6. Use an ice cream scoop, scoop out dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. Pat down each mound with your hand.
7. Bake for 9-14 minutes, if large cookies, 9-10 if smaller cookies, until golden brown around the edges but still slightly pale in the middle.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack.