Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars have a rich fudgy layer over buttery shortbread and of course raspberries and more chocolate on top. You’re going to LOVE this simple dessert bar recipe.
Hello all! I am Taylor, Barbara’s older daughter and official chocolate taste tester. Although I help Mom with her social media and have helped with cooking as well as being a hand-model for some of the photos, this is my first guest post and I am so excited to share this recipe with y’all!
I definitely got the baking bug from Mom as well as my grandmother and I do quite a lot of baking on my own. Not long ago, a friend asked me for something sweet with raspberries and chocolate and I didn’t have a good recipe. So, I took to my favorite search engine…Pinterest! If you don’t already follow us on Pinterest, go do that now and then come back and finish reading this!
Anyways, I just searched raspberries and chocolate and found this fabulous recipe. This was one of the first recipes I came across…the pictures looked delicious, and the recipe seemed relatively easy so I thought I’d try it. Let me tell you, these bars turned out to be one of the most delicious desserts I’ve made of late and they are my new go-to for chocolate treats. The only suggestion I would make is to only cook them for 20-25 minutes at the end. But, then again, I like my desserts gooey so that might just be me.
How do you make scrumptious dark chocolate raspberry bars
Step 1: Cream butter and sugar together and add flour, mix until crumbly. Add 3/4 of the mixture to the bottom of a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 2: While the crust is baking combine sweetened condensed milk and a cup of dark chocolate chips and microwave until melted. Pour over baked crust.
Step 3: Add the remaining butter mixture to the top along with fresh raspberries and chocolate chips.
Hopefully I will be back for more guest posts in the future and I hope y’all love these as much as I do!
Check out Taylor’s blog Lefty Living Life for some great fashion tips.
More desserts with berries you might like
- Raspberry hand pies
- Raspberry brownies
- Fruit pizza
- Strawberry skillet cake
- Mixed berry crisp
- Blueberry cobbler
- Strawberry coconut bars
- Berry and rhubarb crisp
- Strawberry scones
- Blueberry coffee cake
- Strawberry cake
- Blueberry muffins
Adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 X 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter until smooth, add brown sugar, flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Place 1 3/4 cups of butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and reserve the rest for the topping.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes until slightly browned.
- While the crust is baking, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium power until chocolate has just melted. 1-2 minutes.
- When crust has browned, remove from oven and pour chocolate mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining butter mixture over the top and place raspberries on top. If desired, pour a cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove before chocolate chips melt completely.