Gluten-free and low carb, this strawberry parfait will hit the spot. Light and full of flavor with a nice crunch from baked almond flour.
Strawberry Parfait Day is the 25th which is odd since by June 25th, peak strawberry season is past in NC. However we still had some fresh strawberries around for me to work with. I wanted to create one that was low carb so I experimented and came up with this delicious version.
How do you make a low carb strawberry Parfait
I worked off a recipe for low carb cheesecake bars. The crust uses butter, almond meal, a little Swerve, liquid stevia and some xanthan gum mixed with cinnamon. It might sound a little strange but it tastes great and is gluten-free and low carb. Once baked, it’s crispy and tastes like snickerdoodles. Next layer whipped cream and strawberries between layers of crust and get this wonderful dessert.
You can make extra crust and freeze it to have on hand.
Looking for more recipes with almond flour
- Try making sausage balls with almond flour
- Focaccia with almond flour is great with any meal
- For breakfast, there’s nothing like cheesy muffins
- Add almond flour to strawberry muffins for a nutty flavor
Low Carb Strawberry Parfait
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ⅛ cup swerve/erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 7 drops liquid stevia
- 2 cup strawberries diced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- liquid stevia to taste, 5-10 drops
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the Crumble: In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients and add melted butter and liquid stevia. Press onto the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until it starts to brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipped cream until thickened and add a few drops of liquid stevia to taste.
- To assemble, layer cream, strawberries and then crumble in a glass, repeat. Eat after assembling before the crumble gets mushy.