Moose Munch Peanut Butter Cookies with caramel corn, peanut butter and chocolate are amazing. Great if you are looking for a cookie with something extra.
I read this blog post where the writer raved about Harry & David’s carmel corn. I was a bit jealous since we don’t have one in Greensboro, but thought I could find a substitute at Fresh Market. I must have been meant to make this recipe because when I went to Fresh Market, what did I see at the check out but boxes of Harry & David’s milk chocolate Moose Munch. How weird is that. I don’t know if they will continue to carry it or if it was just a special offering. Having never tried it before, I was curious as to how it would compare to others. I thought it was great. Not too sweet, and I loved the chocolate with it.
Now for the cookies. These are just fun cookies to eat. Everyone loves popcorn and when you add caramel and chocolate, it can only get better. The popcorn gives these cookies a texture you don’t expect from a cookie. They are super cute with the crushed caramel corn sprinkled on top. Peanut butter is the overwhelmingly flavor but you still get the caramel corn taste. I don’t think these would freeze well because of the popcorn on top, so you will just have to eat them all or take them to work like I did. I am not a gluten free person, but they claim this is gluten free.Print
Moose Munch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Category: Cookie
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups moose munch,(caramel corn) divided
- Preheat oven to t 350. Line two baking sheets.
- With hand mixer, mix all ingredients except the caramel corn.
- Crush caramel corn in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin to lightly crush. Add 1 cup to the dough and stir. Using a small ice cream scoop, I used 2 tablespoons, scoop dough onto baking sheet and press down with a fork to flatten.
- Press the remaining caramel corn onto the top of each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool before removing form cookie sheets. Makes about 3 dozen.
- Crazy for Crust