SNOWDAY Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are individual cheesecakes with an Oreo for the crust. Kid friendly but adults will love them too.
Did you get a snow day today? If so, this is a great recipe for the kids to help out with. Oreos are not a staple in our house. With a freezer full of home-made cookies, it’s pretty rare that we buy packaged cookies. However, I was looking for a recipe to please some of my cookie testers who are 4 and 5, and thought of Oreos, because who doesn’t like Oreos. I still wanted something that the adults would enjoy.
This is a recipe that has been posted on so many food blogs but I believe it first came from Martha Stewarts Cupcake Cookbook. I didn’t change anything in her recipe, although it would be easy to substitute the cookie crumbles in the cheesecake with almost anything, like strawberries for Valentines Day. These would be fun to make with kids, it’s pretty easy and hard to mess up. I tried freezing them and the Oreo base got mushy so I would suggest eating these within a day or two of making them.
Well this super-hero gave them a thumbs up!Print
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Category: Dessert
- 42 Oreo cookie
- 32 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pans with liners. This makes 30 cupcakes.
- Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cupcake well.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving. Best served really cold.
- Martha Stewart http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307460444?ie=UTF8&tag=bakeorbreak-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0307460444