Peanut Butter Cookies with Pretzels are a peanut butter cookie with dried cheeries that are coated with salty pretzels. A fun cookie to make and eat.
Natalie is officially at college and Taylor left Saturday so my empty nest is officially here. I am going to be experimenting with things that can be mailed and will stay fresh for a while. These peanut butter cookies coated in pretzels are my first experiment. It’s odd that they don’t require any flour yet they are a pretty substantial cookie and I think would hold up in the mail. The peanut butter flavor is not too strong. What I loved about them were the dried cherries. They add a slightly sweet taste to the salty peanut butter. They don’t flatten much when baked, so flatten them a little with your palm before putting them in the oven. The batter is pretty sticky so you really need an ice cream scoop to keep from making a mess.Print
Peanut Butter Cookies Coated with Pretzels
- 2 cups peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking sodsa
- 1 cup dried cheeries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups salted pretzel pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- With an electric mixer, combine all ingredients except the pretzels. Crush pretzels so that you have chunks not powder.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough into the crushed pretzels, lightly pressing the pretzels into the dough.
- Place on the cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 17 minutes or until just firm. Let cool.
- Makes 3 dozen.
- Sweet & Vicious