Pork tenderloin baked in the oven with caramelized apples and an orange juice glaze will melt in your mouth.
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and add 1/4 cup brown sugar, diced apples and cinnamon. Toss the apples so they are fully coated by butter and sugar and saute for about 3 minutes. Do not stir during these 3 min, so that the apples caramelize on one side. After 3 minutes toss the apples again and let them caramelize for another 3 minutes on the other side. Let cool.
3. Butterfly the pork loin, basically cut the pork down the center, without completely cutting through, so when you open the two halves they resemble a butterfly. Use your meat mallet to flatten it a bit. I you are using 2 pork tenderloins, just flatten with a meat mallet.
4. Take the cooled apples and spread them down the center of the pork loin and bring the 2 sides up around filling the meat. Use butcher twine to tie around the roll at 1 inch intervals. If using 2 tenderloins, add filling to one and place the other on top and tie together. The filling will come out a bit, but most will stay inside.
5. Season the stuffed pork with salt and pepper and in a large skillet heat the oil. Sear the pork loin on both sides. Move the pork loin to a dutch oven or large oven proof pot. Mix the orange juice with the brown sugar and pour over the pork loin.
6. Roast uncovered for about 45 minutes or until done to your preference. Remove from the oven and wrap it with foil and let it sit for 15 minutes before slicing so all the juices don’t fall out of the pork.
Cooking time with vary depending on how large the tenderloin is. Use a meat thermometer and cook until it reaches 145º.