Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies are both soft and crunchy. With chocolate, pretzels and a sprinkle of salt, it’s hard not to eat the whole batch. A Great dessert for shipping.
I’m always trying out new cookie recipes, most of which I like and keep in the freezer. (Everyone knows that if they stop by, they can always leave with some cookies) However, when I find a really good recipe, one that I can’t keep from eating, I have to send those out of the house right away. This is one of those recipes.
What is surprising is that Natalie, who likes soft cake-like cookies, and me, who likes crunchy cookies both love this one. Taylors away and I can’t ship cookies to her but if I could, these would hold up great. The cookie part is soft but the pretzels makes them crunchy. They are just the perfect mix of chocolate and peanut butter. These are being sent to college tomorrow so that I can stop eating them. Katie, I hope you enjoy them.
Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels broken into pieces
- sea salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Using a mixer, in a large bowl beat peanut butter, butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture just until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and pretzels
- Chill dough for 2 hours
- Take out chilled dough and , pre-heat the oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to place cookie dough balls on top of parchment paper. Lightly sprinkle cookie dough with sea salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are brown around the edges.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- Adapted from Keep it Sweet