Sprinkle Blondies are an EASY cookie like dessert bar that comes together in just 10 minutes with sprinkles and chocolate chips. Perfect for the pool or summer cookout.
It’s been ages since I’ve posted a sprinkle recipe. We tried these out when Natalie was home for a bit before starting her internships this summer. We were looking for something that she could take back with her. These were so tasty, that I’m not sure she had many to take back by the end of the week.
The recipe is so easy, with just a couple of ingredients, you can even make these with just a hand held mixer if you don’t have an electric one handy, which is her situation. These taste like a chocolate chip cookie. I think the sweetness is just right and making them in bar form is much easier.
How do you make Sprinkle Blondies
Step 1: Cream butter and brown sugar and then add an egg and vanilla.
Step 2: Add the flour, salt and baking powder and when combined, add chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Step 3: Press the dough into a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Don’t forget the sprinkles, while not necessary, nothing says summer like sprinkles. These would be great to take to an end of the year party, or for those weekends at the pool. If you love sprinkles then I’ll be you will be a fan on sprinkle cookies too.
More dessert bar recipes
- Gooey bars are a classic and ship well
- Make some apricot short bread bars with dried apricots
- If you like toffee, then you’ll love these shortbread bars
- Want something a little tart, try lemon bars with pistachios
Feeling more like a cookie than a dessert bar, give these a try
- Frosted cookies with sprinkles
- Crunchy potato chip cookies
- Peanut butter cookies with a kick
- Chocolate cookies
- Shortbread cookies with chocolate chips
- Frosted pumpkin cookies
- White chocolate and cranberry cookies
- 1 cup butter room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and add to mixture mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.