Sprinkle Blondies are an EASY cookie like dessert bar that comes together in just 10 minutes with sprinkles and chocolate chips. Perfect for the pool or summer cookout.
It’s been ages since I’ve posted a sprinkle recipe. We tried these out when Natalie was home for a bit before starting her internships this summer. We were looking for something that she could take back with her. These were so tasty, that I’m not sure she had many to take back by the end of the week.
The recipe is so easy, with just a couple of ingredients, you can even make these with just a hand held mixer if you don’t have an electric one handy, which is her situation. These taste like a chocolate chip cookie. I think the sweetness is just right and making them in bar form is much easier.
What you need for sprinkle blondies
Other than sprinkles and chocolate chips, I bet you have everything in your pantry to whip up a batch of these.
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- chocolate chips
How do you make Sprinkle Blondies
Step 1: Cream butter and brown sugar and then add an egg and vanilla.
Step 2: Add the flour, salt and baking powder and when combined, add chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Step 3: Press the dough into a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Don’t forget the sprinkles, while not necessary, nothing says summer like sprinkles. These would be great to take to an end of the year party, or for those weekends at the pool. If you love sprinkles then I’ll bet you’ll be a fan of sprinkle cookies too.
FAQ’s and tips
No, you can use a hand mixer to make these.
What’s great about these is that you don’t have to refrigerate the dough like you do for most cookies. Just let the butter soften and you can have a warm blondie in about 40 minutes start to finish.
The Sprinkles are not necessary, just fun.
More dessert bar recipes
- Gooey bars are a classic and ship well
- Make some apricot short bread bars with dried apricots
- If you like toffee, then you’ll love these shortbread bars
- Want something a little tart, try lemon bars with pistachios
Feeling more like a cookie than a dessert bar, give these a try
- Frosted cookies with sprinkles
- Crunchy potato chip cookies
- Peanut butter cookies with a kick
- Chocolate cookies
- Shortbread cookies with chocolate chips
- Frosted pumpkin cookies
- White chocolate and cranberry cookies
Adapted from Cookies and Cups Cookbook
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and add to mixture mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- You can use a hand mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer
- The sprinkles are optional but they do make them more fun, they are just as yummy without them.
Leave a Reply