Strawberry Pretzel Parfait is a simple dessert using fresh strawberries, yogurt and pretzels.
The stores are still full of strawberries from Valentines day I guess, and they are pretty tasty. With Spring coming soon, I thought I would share this nice light way to feature strawberries. I made mine in dessert bowls but if you layer it in glasses, you would see the pretty layers.
Adding the crushed pretzels between the yogurt and strawberries adds a great crunch without nuts. I used fat-free greek yogurt so it was pretty healthy in my book and a perfect snack, breakfast or light dessert. I am so ready for spring and fresh local strawberries.
This recipe makes plenty for 2 portions.
Strawberry Pretzel Parfait
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place diced strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Stir and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Add pretzels to a food processor. Pulse until they are broken into small chunks. Some will be pulverized and some still chunky.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt and brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- In each container, layer yogurt, strawberries, and then pretzel mixture, repeat. Eat right away before the pretzels get soggy.
- Slightly adapted from Dessert for Two