Slow Cooker Bourbon Pulled Chicken
Slow Cooker Bourbon Pulled Chicken isn't just for Game Night, it's great for any time you're feeding a crowd. Bourbon and a molasses barbecue sauce are perfect with chicken. An EASY and healthy dish that everyone will love.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
- 4 lbs bone-in skinless chicken thighs about 10 thighs
- ¾ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Remove skin from chicken thighs and place in slow cooker.
In a bowl whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over chicken and toss. Cook for 31/2 to 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low until chicken is falling off bone. Remove chicken and shred, removing the bones. Return to the slow cooker and set on warm until ready to serve.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 173IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg