Sweeten up your coleslaw with peaches for a fresh, healthy and delicious variation on a summer salad. Peach Coleslaw will be great for your next cook-out. Don’t forget the Texas Pete for a little kick.
- 2 cup peaches peeled and chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Texas Pete hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large head cabbage thinly sliced
Add peeled peaches to a food processor and process until pureed. Add remaining ingredients except cabbage and process until smooth and combined.
Pour over sliced cabbage. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to absorb.
Alternatively you could use a blender to puree the peaches.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can use an immersion blender or regular blender instead.
- If the peaches are tart, then add a little more sugar.
- You can use a package of shredded cabbage or cabbage mix.
- You will need about 2 large peaches
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg