S'more Cookies are as close to the real thing as you'll find. Graham cracker crumbs are in the batter giving not only the flavor you expect from a S'more but it also provides a great texture. Marshmallows are toasted on top and then chocolate pieces are melted when removed from the oven.
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 12 crackers
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate 6 hershey bars, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 milk chocolate chocolate bars
Preheat oven to 350º. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
Add butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt, mixing until incorporated. While on low, add the flour and beat just until combined.
Stir in chopped chocolate.
Using a large ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between them.
Bake for 6 minutes, remove and add marshmallows to the top of the cookies. Return to oven and cook an additional 6-8 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Remove from the oven and immediately place chopped chocolate squares on top, pressing it onto the hot cookie until it just starts to melt.
Allow to cool slightly before removing to wire rack.
- If you don't eat these right away, try warming one for a few seconds in the microwave to melt the chocolate on top.
- Make sure you use mini marshmallows, or if you only have regular sized chop it into small pieces.
- For true S'more taste you will need to use Hershey's chocolate.
- To store, refrigerate for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens. Then you can stack them in an airtight container and freeze.
- If using graham crackers, you will need 12 to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Put them in a ziplock and crush with a rolling pin or wine bottle.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg