Apple Blondies are a softer version of a traditional blondie. Cinnamon spiced apples give them moisture and sweetness, a perfect fall dessert. Great for a snack but sweet enough for dessert.
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups apples peeled, cored and diced (1-2 apples)
- ½ cup chopped pecans toasted
Preheat oven to 350º and prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
Toast the pecans and set aside. Peel, and dice apples, set aside.
With an electric mixer or hand held, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and mix well.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, do not over mix. Once combined, stir in the chopped apples and toasted pecans. The mixture will be thick.
Spread the batter into the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool and cut into squares.
- This recipe can easily be doubles
- To toast the pecans, heat in a 350º oven for 5 minutes or until they start to darken.
- Use a tart apple like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.
- Do not over mix the batter once you have added the dry ingredients.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg