Peach Streusel Coffee Cake
Peach Streusel Coffee Cake is a yummy way to use your fresh peaches and as a bonus, there's more streusel than cake! Great for brunch or Dessert.
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup butter cold and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cups peaches sliced into 1/2 inch slices
Preheat oven to 350º. Butter and flour a 9 inch spring-form pan or cake pan.
Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cardamom in a medium bowl. Add cold butter and combine with fingers until incorporated, add pecans and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cardamom. Set aside. In a larger bowl, beat melted butter, cream, egg, and vanilla on medium-high speed until frothy, about 1 minute. Fold the flour mixture into the cream mixture with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix. Spread into prepared pan.
Place peach slices on top of cake batter, pushing slices into the batter. Top with streusel pushing it slightly down.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake. Let cool for 1 hour before removing sides of pan. Serve slightly warm or room temperature.
- Try serving this warm with a little cream poured over the top
- Don't over mix the batter, gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Remove from the oven as soon as a toothpick comes out clean.
- You can use a springform or cake pan.
- Put a baking sheet under in the event it spills over.
- You can freeze this, jut make sure it comes to room temperature first.
- This will stay fresh for 1-2 days after baking.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg