Taco spaghetti is a super easy and quick weeknight dinner you can make in just ONE POT in less than 30 minutes! A meal the whole family will love.
- 1 lb ground chicken/turkey
- 1 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning 4 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 10 ounces Diced tomatoes and green chilies Ro Tel
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese grated
- fresh cilantro
Cook ground turkey/hamburger in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat until browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and ground chipotle.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, uncooked spaghetti and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta has cooked, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
- Do not drain the liquid from the canned tomatoes, you will need it for the pasta to cook in.
- You can use ground beef instead of chicken, if so, you may need to drain the grease before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- This is even better with homemade taco seasoning, for a recipe check out Foodology Geek, her's is my favorite.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1248IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg