Sausage balls with flour are a classic favorite at our house. Here’s a recipe that does not require Bisquick. Less greasy and no added chemicals. Super easy to make, and perfect for game days , brunch, and holiday get togethers.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 lb. sausage uncooked
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
Preheat oven to 400º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add flour, baking powder, salt and butter to a food processor and process until butter is incorporated. Add grated cheese and pulse 1-2 times. Add sausage and pulse until it comes together.
Using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop, form into balls and place on prepared rack.
Bake for 15 minutes until slightly browned on the outside. Serve warm.
- If you want a low carb version, try Sausage Balls with Almond Flour
- You will get the best results if you grate the cheese instead of buying pre-shredded cheese.
- Use a food processor or stand mixer to combine the ingredients.
- For perfectly shaped balls, use a small ice-cream scoop.
- You can refrigerate the balls prior to baking or freeze once they have been baked.
- To reheat, sprinkle with water and bake at 350º for 5-10 minutes.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg