White Queso Dip is a creamy and smooth cheese dip, like the ones served in Mexican restaurants. Fabulous as a dip with chips or as a cheese sauce. Make this in 15 minutes and it will stay creamy for the entire game!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups White American cheese 12 ounces, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese 4 ounces, grated
- 4 ounces diced hatch chilies drained
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add cornstarch and whisk for 1 minutes. Gradually add half-and-half whisking constantly until incorporated. Let it come to a boil and then turn down heat.
Add grated cheese and stir until melted. Add diced hatch chilies. Add cayenne if desired and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure to use American cheese
- Don't use pre-shredded cheese, it will not melt as well.
- If you want it spicy, add a chopped jalapeño with the onions.
- You can Freeze left-overs.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 451mg | Iron: 1mg