Chocolate Cobbler may be the easiest dessert you will ever make. With just a few ingredients you probably have in your pantry you can make the best gooey chocolate pudding cake. All you need is some hot water and an oven and you have a no-fail dessert that will curb your chocolate craving.
- 1¼ cups sugar divided
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups hot water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°.
Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Add chocolate chips. Pour into an un-greased 8-inch square glass baking pan or large pie pan.
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over the top. Do not stir.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes, then serve. Great served with vanilla ice cream.
- The water does not have to be boiling but hotter than what you can get from the tap. Try heating in a microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Don't be tempted to stir it once the water is added, just pour it on top and put it in the oven.
- Chocolate chips are optional, it will still be pudding like without the chocolate chips.
- To reheat, just put in the oven at 350º for a few minutes and it will get gooey again.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 311IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg