If you’re looking for brownies that are fudgy and not dry, you are going to LOVE these. Melissa Clark’s recipe is now my go-to PERFECT brownie recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 18 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Maldon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 9 X 13 baking pan with parchment.
2. Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium power until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds for about 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cayenne.
4. Place the melted chocolate in a large bowl and whisk in the cocoa powder and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
5. Place into prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or knife. Sprinkle with Maldon salt.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is set and shiny.
7. Allow to cool Completely in the pan before cutting.