Sheet Pan Pancakes are the perfect way to make fluffy pancakes for a crowd. Baked in the oven, they’re an EASY breakfast to make. Great for brunch or Christmas Morning.
An easy homemade pancake batter is poured into a sheet pan, you can add whatever toppings you want and then it’s baked. You still get delicious pancakes, the only thing missing is the round shape. Light and fluffy hassle free pancakes, they’re a game changer.
Trust me you don’t need a pancake mix, it takes such a few ingredients to make delicious fluffy pancakes, that I’m confident you have what it takes in your pantry. You only need flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, eggs and butter and whatever delicious toppings you can come up with.
Why you should make this Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
- All portions turn out perfect, and evenly cooked
- No standing over the stove waiting on pancakes to cook
- All the pancakes are done at the same time, no one watching over your shoulder wondering when their pancake will be ready.
- You can customize the sheet pan with different fillings
- You can enjoy your favorite morning beverage while they’re baking
Baked Pancake Recipe ingredients
- Dry ingredients – Flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Wet ingredients – Eggs, whole milk and butter
- Toppings – all are optional but some favorites are bananas, strawberries, chocolate chips and nuts.
You can be creative with what you add to the pancake or don’t add anything at all.
How to make Sheet Pan Pancakes
Spray a rimmed 9 x 13 inch quarter sheet pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425º, it needs to be hot.
Whisk together the dry ingredients and then whisk in the wet ingredients. Choose what you want to put inside. If just one ingredient then fold it in. If you’re adding multiple ingredients, spread the batter in the pan and push the toppings into the batter.
My gang all has their favorite add ins, so I put chocolate chips on ⅓, and different berries on the rest. Add anything that you would add to your traditional pancakes.
Bake until golden brown.
Cut into squares, serve everyone at the same time. Top with butter, powdered sugar or syrup and enjoy a stress free breakfast.
These are easy, less work, and you can eat with everyone else instead of standing at the stove. They’re great for kid sleepovers or for hungry guests. They’re the lightest and fluffiest pancakes around. It’s a great idea for Christmas morning breakfast when you want something quick and easy.
Mix In Ideas for this Pancake Sheet Pan Recipe
- Chocolate chips
- Pecans or walnuts
- Banana slices and walnuts
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Cooked Bacon
Sheet Pan Pancake FAQs
Don’t have a 9 x 13 inch quarter sheet pan, you can take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it several times to make a divider in the pan that you have.
The trick for making any type of good pancakes is to not overmix the batter. The dry ingredients should be added just until incorporated.
You can use a pancake mix or any favorite pancake recipe you have to make sheet pan pancakes.
How to store this Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe
Can you freeze the left-overs?
You can freeze baked sheet pan pancakes, just separate the slices with parchment paper and let thaw before placing in the oven at 350º for about 10 minutes.
How many days are leftover sheet pan pancakes good?
Leftover pancakes will be good for 3-4 days in the fridge or you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
How to reheat sheet pan pancakes?
To reheat sheet pan pancakes, microwave for about 10-20 seconds or place on a cookie sheet in a 350º oven for about 5-10 minutes.
Here are some other pancake recipes to try
More recipes for make-ahead breakfasts when feeding a crowd
- English Muffin Melts are great if breakfast eaters are not eating at the same time
- Crunchy French Toast Sticks that are baked
- Creme Brûlée French Toast for a heavenly breakfast
- Strawberry baked overnight breakfast casserole
- Breakfast puff pastry are fabulous
- Homemade oatmeal bread
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
Baked Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 425º. Spray a 9 X 13 inch sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in eggs, milk and butter until combined. Fold in berries and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- You can add chocolate chips or berries or do half and half.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- If you don’t have a ¼ sheet pan, use aluminum foil to divide a larger sheet pan in half.
- To store leftovers, let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate between layers of parchment. Warm up for 10 seconds in the microwave or in the oven for 10 minutes at 350º.
- To freeze leftovers, let cool and place between layers of parchment paper. Let come to room temperature and warm in microwave or oven.
- Be creative with your topping, try berries, chocolate chips, bananas, nuts, coconut, or anything you would typically enjoy with pancakes. Press the toppings into the pancake batter.