Whether you’re relaxing on the weekend or having a group for breakfast, no one likes to stand over the stove making traditional pancakes. It takes time and everyone is like a vulture watching over you while their pancakes are cooking. We all know that patience is the key to perfect pancakes and who can be patient when everyone is waiting for the bubbles to pop.
This problem is solved with Sheet Pan Pancakes. Your pancake batter is poured into a sheet pan, you can add whatever toppings you want and then it’s baked. Still the great pancake flavor, the only thing missing is the round shape.
Why should you make pancakes in a sheet pan
- All portions turn out perfect, and perfectly cooked
- No standing over the stove waiting on pancakes to cook
- All the pancakes are done at the same time, no one watching over your shoulder wondering when their pancake will be ready.
- You can customize the sheet pan with different fillings
- You can enjoy your favorite morning beverage while they are baking
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!
How to make the BEST oven baked sheet pan pancakes
Step 1: Spray a rimmed 12 x 17 inch cookie sheet with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425º, it needs to be hot.
Step 2: Whisk together the dry ingredients and then whisk in the wet ingredients. Choose what you want to put inside. If just one ingredient then fold it in. If you are adding multiple ingredients, then spread the batter in the pan and push the toppings into the batter.
My gang all has their favorite add ins, so I put chocolate chips on 1/3, and different berries on the rest. Add anything that you would add to your traditional pancakes.
Step 3: Bake until golden brown.
Step 4: Serve everyone at the same time. Top with butter, powdered sugar or maple syrup and enjoy a stress free breakfast.
Sheet pan pancake mix in ideas
- Chocolate chips
- Pecans or walnuts
- Banana slices and walnuts
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Cooked Bacon
Can you freeze the left-overs
You can freeze baked sheet pan pancakes, just separate the slices with parchment paper and let thaw before placing in the oven at 350º for about 10 minutes.
Here are some other pancake recipes to try
More recipes for make-ahead breakfasts when feeding a crowd
- English Muffin Melts are great if breakfast eaters are not eating at the same time
- Crunchy French Toast Sticks that are baked
- Creme Brûlée French Toastfor a heavenly breakfast
- Strawberry baked overnight breakfast casserole
If you make Sheet Pan Pancakes be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Adapted from A Belly Full
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 425º. Spray a 9 X 13 inch sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in eggs, milk and butter until combined. Fold in berries and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- You can add chocolate chips or berries or do half and half.