What is White Chocolate Chex Mix
White chocolate party mix is just a combination of Chex cereal with pretzels and M&M’s coated with white chocolate. It sounds too simple to be as outstanding as it is. It is also known around the internet as “Christmas Crack”. It’s different from Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow as those recipes use dark chocolate and are covered in powdered sugar.
Is White Chocolate really chocolate
How do you make White Chocolate Chex Mix
Step 1: Pick your ingredients. I use two types of Chex cereal, rice and corn and add some Cheerios and Christmas shaped pretzels. If you’re making it on other occasions, change your sprinkles to pastels or 4th of July stars and stripes.
White Chocolate Chex Mix – 4th of July themed
Then add a couple of handfuls of M&Ms and that’s it. We have changed it up and used peanut M&Ms or Caramel M&Ms. And you can totally choose the cereal combination that you like best but make sure it’s unsweetened. You can also add nuts. Don’t leave out the pretzels, you need the salt with the sweet. If you can find holiday M&Ms that’s a nice touch. Try to use the best white chocolate you can find, I use Ghiradelli Premium White Chocolate Baking Bars or Lindt White Chocolate Bars if I’m feeling decadent
Step 2: Warm up the white chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for about 3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds and drizzle it over your mixture, stir and pour it out onto a cookie sheet. Let it sit for a while so that the white chocolate can harden and break it into bite size pieces.
Nana loves white chocolate so I’m sending her some to enjoy over the holidays. The rest will go into goodie bags for friends. I have to admit it was hard not to eat all the crumbs while I was taking the photos!
Are you looking for more treats to give as GIFTS
- My go to gift is Chocolate Caramel Bark
- If you love chocolate then try Peppermint Fudge
- Vanilla Caramels are the perfect bite size gift
- You can’t go wrong with Special K Cookies
White Chocolate Chex Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 cups M&M’s
- 24 ounces white chocolate chopped
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and M&M’s.
- Place chopped white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it is smooth.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture and stir until all pieces are completely covered. Pour onto prepared pan and let it sit until cool about an hour. Once it has hardened, break into bite size pieces.
- Change up the sprinkles and M&M to match the occasion like stars for 4th of July, Easter egg M&M’s in the Spring, or Christmas sprinkle around the holidays.
- You can use any combination of unsweetened cereal.
- Try adding nuts or more pretzel, the salt is a great combination with the sweet white chocolate.
- When melting the white chocolate, make sure you are melting at 50% power in the microwave and stirring every 30 seconds.