How do you make White Chocolate Chex Mix
I used two types of Chex cereal, rice and corn and added some Cheerios and Christmas shaped pretzels. If you’re making it on other occasions, change your sprinkles to pastels or 4th of July stars and stripes. Then add a couple of handfuls of M&Ms and that’s it. You’ll warm up the white chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for about 3 minutes and drizzle it over your mixture. Then just let it sit for a while and break it into bite size pieces. You can add nuts or whatever unsweetened cereal you like. The white chocolate is pretty sweet by itself so keep the cereal unsweetened. If you can find holiday M&Ms that’s a nice touch. Try to use the best white chocolate you can find, I used Ghiradelli Premium White Chocolate Baking Bars.
Nana loves white chocolate so I’m sending her some to enjoy over the Holidays. The rest will go into goodie bags for friends. I have to admit it was hard not to eat all the crumbs while I was taking the photos!
White Chocolate Chex Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 cups M&M's
- 24 ounces white chocolate chopped
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and M&M’s.
- Place chopped white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it is smooth.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture and stir until all pieces are completely covered. Pour onto prepared pan and let it sit until cool about an hour. Once it has hardened, break into bite size pieces.