This easy and creamy corn dip is the perfect appetizer for your next game day or party. With little effort and basic ingredients, you’ll have a fan favorite dip ready in no time.Using canned corn and canned rotel tomatoes and chillies for ease, this cold corn dip takes just 10 minutes to toss together! The canned ingredients combine with sour cream, mayonnaise and grated cheddar cheese for a creamy, cheesy corn dip that’s perfect for parties. Serve the dip with corn chips or pita, or top homemade nachos or tacos this versatile recipe.
A Mexican corn dip is always a huge hit at any party or gathering. Kids and adults go crazy for this creamy, savory, and flavorful dish, it makes a pretty big batch so you’ll have plenty to share.
Serve this cold cheesy corn dip with corn chips, homemade pita chips, vegetables, or even crackers. The neutral flavor and creamy texture of this dip goes great with almost anything. Adding a spoonful to tacos or nachos is another great idea.
The combination of sour cream and mayonnaise forms a creamy base for the rest of the ingredients. You can easily make this creamy corn dip spicier, try using Rotel tomatoes with habaneros which adds just a hint of spice.
Dips like this and this sour cream and onion dip are served cold which makes them a great low maintenance dish for parties. No fuss, just put them out and forget about them. It’s so versatile, you can take it to a tailgate, or cook out, or serve it for game night next to some ham and cheese sliders.
It’s nice to have a mixture of both hot and cold dips when you’re having friends over, try serving this corn dip recipe alongside a hot spinach and artichoke dip, vidalia onion dip or bacon cheese dip.
Everyone will love this Mexican Corn Dip Recipe
- It’s one of those dishes that’s hard to stop eating – everyone loves it!
- You can serve it with chips, vegetables, or even top on tacos
- It’s made in minutes for an easy appetizer
- You can prep this delicious dip ahead of time
- Cost effective ingredients make it great for a big crowd
Cold Corn Dip with Rotel Ingredients
- Corn – Frozen corn, fresh corn, or canned corn will work for this Mexican corn dip recipe.
- Tomatoes – Rotel tomatoes with chilies is the preferred. If you don’t want it spicy at all, used plain canned tomatoes, otherwise use tomatoes with chilies or habanero peppers.
- Sour Cream and Mayonnaise – A simple, smooth, and creamy base for this yummy dip. You can lighten it up and use a light sour cream, but use real mayonnaise, I like Hellman’s.
- Cheese – Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese yields the best results.
- Spices – Green onions, salt, and pepper are necessary but feel free to add garlic powder, chili powder, fresh cilantro, or onion powder.
How to Make a Cold Corn Dip
You can seriously make this recipe with your eyes closed…
Step 1: Drain
Drain corn and tomatoes and make sure there is no excess liquid.
Step 2: Combine
Pro tip: This dip can get runny, so make sure you drain everything very well before mixing. Also, the longer the dip sits the more moisture the cheese will absorb.
Corn Dip Recipe (Cold) Variations
There are a bunch of different ways to customize this recipe and make it your own.
- Add hot sauce or jalapeno peppers for a little kick
- Try adding a squeeze of lime juice or lemon juice
- Throw in extra vegetables like bell peppers or black olives
- If you’re a cheese lover, add pepper jack, or monterey jack cheese
Corn Cold Dip Tips
- High quality sour cream and mayo – For an extra creamy and flavorful base, make sure you use full fat sour cream along with high quality mayo.
- Let refrigerate – If you let this cheesy corn dip refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving, the cheese will absorb more moisture. Leaving you with a thicker dip.
- Serve in a shallow dish – Serving in a shallow dish or casserole dish is easier and less messy than a big bowl that people have to dig their hands into.
- Using fresh corn – If fresh corn is in season, feel free to cook some up then cut off the cob.
- Use a sturdy chip or cracker or crostini – The dip is pretty thick so thin potato chips will break off. Tortilla chips are my favorite to serve with this dip.
What to serve with a Dip Using Canned Corn
How to Store Corn Dip with Rotel
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can easily store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. This means you can make this dip ahead of time and serve when needed. In fact, it’s best served cold rather than room temperature.
More dip recipes
- For a change of pace, try this yogurt dip with your favorite fruit
- Buffalo chicken dip seems to fly off the table on game days!
- The classic tortilla chips and queso dip combo is always a crowd pleaser
- This pimento cheese dip is the ultimate comfort food
Appetizers to try with a corn dip
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
Cold Corn Dip
- 28 ounces corn 2 can, drained
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes and chillies 1 can, drained
- 1 bunch green onions ½ cup chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese 4 cups
- Drain corn and tomatoes well and combine with green onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and cheese and mix together. Add the vegetables and mix. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- Make sure you drain the corn and tomatoes before adding to the dip.
- If using frozen or fresh corn, microwave it until it is slightly soft.
- Try using Rotel tomates with habaneros for a spicier version.