Quiche with Figs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Cream/milk mixture, depending on size of eggs
- 2–3 cups cheese mixture, feta, aged cheddar, gruyere
- 2 cups fresh spinach, (1 cup frozen)
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4–6 fresh figs, cut into 1/8ths
- unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place pie crust dough into large pie pan.
2. If using fresh spinach, saute in a little olive oil until wilted. Add salt while cooking. Set aside.
3. Place eggs in a large measuring bowl. If using 6 eggs, it should be about 11/2 cups. Fill up the measuring bowl with your milk and cream mixture so that you have a total volume of 3 cups of egg and milk mixture. (I use 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk) Whisk mixture together.
4. Add grated cheese, chopped prosciutto and salt and pepper. Add slightly cooled spinach and pour into prepared pie crust. Place sliced figs on top and sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper.
5. Turn oven down to 375º and bake for 40-50 minutes, checking periodically until there is no more jiggle in the center. Time will vary depending on the added ingredients.