Taco spaghetti is a super easy and quick weeknight dinner you can make in just ONE POT in less than 30 minutes! A meal the whole family will love.
If you’re looking for more simple and delicious meals, join the newsletter and receive a FREE e-book with 10 EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER recipes.
When you’re having one of those nights where you can’t come up with anything quick and easy for dinner, try out this one pot taco flavored spaghetti. If you keep your pantry stocked, the only thing you’ll need to pick up is hamburger/ground turkey and cheese. The best part is you only need one pot. This is great for a busy night or for folks with limited cooking facilities. You can have dinner in 30 minutes.
How do you make Taco Spaghetti in just one pot
Step 1: You start by browning the hamburger/ground turkey.
Step 2: Dump everything but the cheese in the pot, including the uncooked pasta. Bring it to a boil, cover and let it cool for 15 minutes. Take off the lid, sprinkle with cheese and you’re done.
I’ve used spicy taco seasoning and it added just enough heat to get your attention. However, I’ve also used regular taco seasoning and added chipotle powder, just a little better. Then I stumbled upon this recipe for making your own and it is even better. This combination from Foodology Geek is the one I use now with just the perfect combination of seasonings.
I’ve used it with both hamburger and ground chicken or turkey and couldn’t really tell the difference. While I love complicated recipes with lots of steps, I don’t want to tackle one on a weeknight. Weeknights are for easy dinners that don’t require any thought, and this pasta dish fits the bill. A delicious under 30 minute meal. Another dish that is just as easy in the Tex-Mex family is Queso Chicken.
A dutch oven works great for this, if not, any large pot will work.
Use all the liquid from the canned tomatoes, the pasta needs the liquid.
Beef is great in this dish, however, you may need to drain the grease before adding the other ingredients.
Do you have extra taco seasoning, here are some recipes to try
If you’re looking for some additional quick and easy dinner ideas, take a look at these:
- Ranch Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes for a sheet pan dinner.
- For an easy pasta dish, try Lemon Chicken Penne.
- You can’t go wrong with crispy Parmeson Crusted Chicken Fingers.
- Or Sriracha Mango Quesadilla with rotisserie chicken.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
- 1 lb ground chicken/turkey
- 1 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning 4 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 10 ounces Diced tomatoes and green chilies Ro Tel
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese grated
- fresh cilantro
- Cook ground turkey/hamburger in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat until browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and ground chipotle.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, uncooked spaghetti and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta has cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
- Do not drain the liquid from the canned tomatoes, you will need it for the pasta to cook in.
- You can use ground beef instead of chicken, if so, you may need to drain the grease before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- This is even better with homemade taco seasoning, for a recipe check out Foodology Geek, her’s is my favorite.
If you make Taco Spaghetti, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.