Are you looking for something to fix for dinner that doesn’t take much work and uses just a few ingredients. Queso Chicken is going to be you’re new go-to recipe when you can’t come up with something for dinner. Or maybe it’s your turn to cook during vacation and you want to find a meal that everyone will love without putting in too much effort. With just six ingredients you’ve got a fabulous dinner that both kids and adults will love. While I enjoy experimenting with a ton of ingredients and making dishes with lots of steps, this is not one of those recipes. You basically just dump everything into a casserole dish and bake. A couple of things will help make this dish stand out. Start out by marinating your chicken.
How to make TENDER chicken:
All you need is buttermilk and 30 minutes, overnight is even better for tender and juicy chicken. Just pour the buttermilk over the chicken in a ziplock and let it do it’s magic. I learned this from my mother-in-law who makes the best fried chicken in the South. Since buttermilk is slightly acidic, it tenderizes the chicken without making it tough and helps break down the protein. Once it’s marinated, rinse and pat dry. Next, use a good quality queso like Leigh Oliver’s, I love the fresh flavor it adds. You can find it in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods. Queso is also great over Taco Chicken or drizzled over Slow Cooker Beef Tacos.
On those nights when I haven’t planned ahead and marinated the chicken overnight, I’ll cover it with buttermilk the minute I walk in the door and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then just rinse and pat dry. All that’s left to do is sprinkle the chicken with some taco seasoning, pour on some Ro-Tel Tomatoes and cover with queso. Top with some grated cheese and bake. You can put this together in less than 10 minutes. The tomatoes and queso combined with the chicken juices make a fantastic sauce that’s great over rice or pasta.
If you need some other ideas for quick and easy dinners, you might give some of these recipes a try;
- Lemon Chicken Penne
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Baked Apple Pancake
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Spicy Hot Browns
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes and chilies
- 1 cup queso 12 ounces
- 1 cup pepper jack and cheddar cheese shredded
- Place chicken in ziplock bag with buttermilk and let sit overnight or at least for 30 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco season and salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
- Drain tomatoes and chilies and place half on chicken, cover with queso and place the rest of the tomatoes on top. Cover with grated cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until instant thermometer reads 155º. They will continue to cook once removed from the oven.