I know you are thinking, not another chicken recipe, but I eat chicken at least twice a week and I need to change it up as much as possible so I don’t get bored. Everyone needs a go-to Marsala recipe, and this one is pretty tasty with the addition of prosciutto. Once you’ve purchased a bottle of Marsala, which is very inexpensive, you are set. This only uses 1/2 cup so you’ll have plenty to make this over and over again. Marsala is a pretty sweet wine, and not something I’m going to be drinking.
We loved the flavors from the Marsala, mushrooms and prosciutto. Just be careful not to cook the chicken too long. When it’s pounded thin, it only needs to cook a couple of minutes. If you cook it too long, it will get tough. Even Natalie, who hates mushrooms, likes Chicken Marsala. I trimmed all the fat off the prosciutto so that you get all the flavor from the prosciutto without getting too much added fat.
This is a great recipe to make when you are short of time or trying to impress friends.Print
Chicken Marsala with Prosciutto
Can’t decide what to make for dinner, try an easy but oh so flavorful chicken dish with Marsala wine, mushrooms and prosciutto. An easy week night dinner that’s always a favorite.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil
- 4 ounces proscuitto, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup marsala wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge chicken pieces.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When hot, add chicken beasts, shaking off any excess flour. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, turning once when it is golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Lower heat to medium and add prosciutto cooking for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in wine and let it come to a boil. Then add chicken stock and simmer until slightly reduced. Stir in butter and return chicken to the pan. Simmer for about 1 minute to heat the chicken.