Creme Brûlée French Toast has toasted baguette slices with a gooey brown sugar topping baked in the oven for an EASY, but over the top, breakfast.
How do you make Creme Brûlée French Toast
Creme Brûlée French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces baguette sliced 1 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Mix together brown sugar and melted butter and spread onto an 11 x 17 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for bread and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Add bread slices to the egg mixture turning after a few minutes to allow the bread to soak up as much of the egg mixture as possible. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Place bread slices on the brown sugar/butter mixture on the lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until the tops of the bread slices are golden brown and the sugar is bubbly.
- Remove bread slices and serve with the brown sugar side up.
- Note: Use day old bread. Remove the bread from the pan right away and spoon extra brown sugar mixture over the top if desired.
Barbara's Tips + Notes
- Chop some pecans up and sprinkle them in the pan before you lay down your bread and then let them bake with the egg mixture in it. A candied crunch!
- If you have coffee on hand, add a ¼ cup to the egg mixture to give the caramel a little coffee flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the egg mixture and a dollop of pumpkin puree.
- When you take the french toast out of the oven, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top so they get melty with the caramel. Yum!
- Drizzle some honey on top of the slices; if you have a fancy version like lavender honey, use that!
- Top your pieces of french toast with a dollop of whipped cream if that is enticing!
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.