Creme Brûlée French Toast has toasted baguette slices with a gooey brown sugar topping baked in the oven for an EASY, but over the top, breakfast.
How do you make Creme Brûlée French Toast
Creme Brulee French Toast
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces baguette sliced 1 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Mix together brown sugar and melted butter and spread onto an 11 x 17 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for bread and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Add bread slices to the egg mixture turning after a few minutes to allow the bread to soak up as much of the egg mixture as possible. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Place bread slices on the brown sugar/butter mixture on the lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until the tops of the bread slices are golden brown and the sugar is bubbly.
- Remove bread slices and serve with the brown sugar side up.
- Note: Use day old bread. Remove the bread from the pan right away and spoon extra brown sugar mixture over the top if desired.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.