Dulce De Leche Oreo Bars are quick and easy to make with just five ingredients. They have an Oreo crust topped with pretzels and Dulce de Leche.
I promised more recipes with dulce de leche and this is one of two that I tried last weekend. It couldn’t be more simple with just 5 ingredients, but once again the dulce de leche adds a little more than caramel alone. I’m not a big Oreo fan, not that I don’t like them, I just would prefer a homemade cookie to a processed one, but it’s kind of fun to use them for the crust. So if you are looking for something quick and easy but still pretty special give these a try.
Adapted only slightly from Keep it Sweet
Dulce De Leche Oreo Bars
- Category: Dessert
- 8 ounces oreos about 20, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups salted pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray an 8 X 8 Inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter; press mixture down evenly into the prepared baking dish. Pour about 1/2 of the chocolate chips over the crust.
- Combine pretzel pieces and dulce de leche, pour mixture over chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until dulce de leche is bubbling around edges and bars appear set.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Slightly adapted http://www.keepitsweetdesserts.com/salted-caramel-oreo-bars/