How do you make French toast sticks
Step 1: Start with thick sliced bread, try an unsliced loaf from the bakery section and cut it into thick slices.
Step 2: Prepare two pie pans, one with the egg and half-and-half mixture and the second with panko and Cap’n Crunch.
Step 3: Dip the bread first in the egg mixture and then in the panko mixture. Place on a wire rack and freeze for 30 minutes. (If saving for later place in freezer bags and return to the freezer.)
Step 4: Bake for 15 minutes on a rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
More breakfast recipes when you’re feeding a crowd
- Baked sheet pan pancake
- Caramelized French toast
- Apple Dutch baby
- The perfect quiche
- Cinnamon rolls
- Blueberry muffins
- Oatmeal bread
- Streusel coffee cake
- Peach and blueberry bundt cake
- Puff pastry pockets
- Sausage balls
- Egg muffin melts
French Toast Sticks
- 12 slices thick sliced bread
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups Cap'n Crunch Cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Cut each thick slice of bread into three strips and set aside. Place Cap’n Crunch cereal in a ziplock bag and crush into fine crumbs.
- Combine eggs, half and half, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla and ½ teaspoon cinnamon into a pie plate and whisk until combined.
- In a separate pie plate, combine panko, crushed cereal, remaining sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir with a fork.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and then coat in the cereal mixture. Place on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425º. Bake on a rack set over a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- If not eating right away, remove from freezer and place in freezer bags.