French Toast Sticks
The Pioneer Woman’s French Toast Sticks are fantastic. So crunchy on the outside you’ll never guess the secret ingredient. Prepare these ahead of time and take them out of the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast for one or a crowd.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 36 1x
- 12 slices thick sliced bread
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups Cap’n Crunch Cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Cut each thick slice of bread into three strips and set aside. Place Cap’n Crunch cereal in a ziplock bag and crush into fine crumbs.
2. Combine eggs, half and half, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into a pie plate and whisk until combined.
3. In a separate pie plate, combine panko, crushed cereal, remaining sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir with a fork.
4. Dip the bread into the egg mixture and then coat in the cereal mixture. Place on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 425º. Bake on a rack set over a baking dish for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
6. If not eating right away, remove from freezer and place in freezer bags.