I don’t know about you, but I struggle with finding something to add to whatever I’m fixing or picking up for dinner. Half the time, I just throw frozen broccoli in the microwave. We love asparagus which I normally just drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven. But try throwing some mushrooms in and roasting them together and you’ll get an amazing combination of flavors.
Drizzle with a little butter, of course, and some fresh herbs and you have transformed a boring dinner into one that is much more interesting. Any type of fresh mushrooms will work.
So if you’re having one of those nights when you can’t come up with something to make for dinner, grab some asparagus and an assortment of mushrooms and enjoy.
Adapted from Food and Wine April 2018
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
Roasted asparagus with mushrooms is a great way to enjoy fresh produce. Roasting brings out so much flavor and it’s so quick and EASY. You’ll love this combination.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1 lb asparagus , trimmed and cut into 4 inch sections
- 8 ounces mushrooms , variety of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- flaky sea salt
- balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven 450º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Place mushrooms and asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for about 15 minutes until charred and tender.
3. Pour melted butter and thyme over asparagus and mushrooms and place back in oven for 5 minutes.
4. Top with flaky sea salt and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.