You’ll love this Grilled Corn and Blueberry Salad when it’s hot outside and fresh blueberries and corn are everywhere. A little cumin, onions and cilantro give this a savory twist, a perfect summer salad.
With so many cook-outs coming your way this summer, I like to have a healthy salad to go with those burgers and ribs. This is one of my favorites because it uses grilled corn, which is fabulous by itself. Add to that fresh blueberries, some onion, cucumber and a little jalapeño and you get a salad that will steal the show. I love the sweet and savory combination.
To make sure you have the freshest blueberries, learn how long blueberries last.
When cooking the corn, you want it to be a little crisp, so as soon as it’s slightly cooked, remove it from the grill and take it out of the foil so that it doesn’t cook too much. It’s better if it has a little crunch to it and isn’t soggy. Now you’re ready for your first summer picnic or potluck. This would be great for a Memorial Day cook-out if you haven’t already planned your menu.
Grilled Corn and Blueberry Salad
- 6 ears corn
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cucumber sliced thin
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Remove husk and slips from corn and brush with a a little butter and salt and pepper and wrap in foil. Place on medium-hot grill for 10-15 minutes, until just barely cooked. Do not cook too much. Remove from grill take out of foil to cool. Once cool, remove corn from ear and place in a large bowl. Add blueberries, cucumber, onion, cilantro and pepper and combine.
- In a container with a lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients and shake. Pour over corn mixture and refrigerate overnight.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- If you don’t want to grill the corn, you can microwave it for about 3 minutes until it’s just slightly cooked.