Lemon Mustard Chicken with Potatoes is a quick and easy dinner with crispy chicken and potatoes roasted in the oven. It takes just 10 minutes to prep. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I made this after returning from vacation, trying to find something to make in a hurry. I haven’t done a Ten-Minute Tuesday dish since Natalie went back to college, but I’m back with this wonderful chicken dish with the vegetables cooked right along with the chicken. I was inspired by a steak I had on vacation that was covered with a delicious mustard cream sauce. It made me want to experiment more with mustard. I’m not a yellow mustard fan, the dijon whole grain type is more to my liking.
For this quick one pot recipe, you mix mustard, olive oil and lemon juice together and rub it onto the chicken, brown it a bit and remove from the pan. Adding the potatoes to the pan you seared the chicken in allows the mustard chicken juice to absorb into the potatoes as they bake. When they’re about done, the chicken is added back to the pan along with some asparagus and it all cooks together for a while. The result is crispy potatoes and chicken that is almost effortless.
Rubbing the mustard into the chicken and then searing it, locks in the flavor so that the chicken is mouth watering. If you don’t want the vegetables, you could leave them out. However, you’ll miss out on some of the best potatoes you can imagine.Print
Lemon Mustard Chicken with Potatoes
Lemon Mustard Chicken with Potatoes – crispy chicken and potatoes roasted in the oven that takes just 10 minutes to prep, perfect for a weeknight dinner
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4–6 chicken thighs, bone in with skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb asparagus (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and zest and thyme. Using your fingers, rub this on the front, back, and under the skin of the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven proof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin side down and sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Add potatoes to skillet, mix with drippings and salt and pepper. Place in oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are cooked and slightly brown. Add asparagus and chicken and return to oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Damn Delicious