Limoncello Fool made with lemon curd and cream with crunchy meringue cookies crumbled throughout. A great lemony dessert.
Sometimes you are just in the zone and everything you try is fantastic. That’s how this weekend was, hard on my waistline but good for my ego. Last weekend, it seemed like nothing I tried turned out as expected, so I needed a good weekend. This is definitely a winner. Very easy and quick to make especially if you happen to have leftover lemon curd from making Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. While it’s not necessarily healthy since it’s all cream, it feels light and can look very elegant or fun. I went for fun the first time and served it in cute wine-glasses and more elegant in my great Aunt Gertrude’s glasses the second time around. You can use store bought lemon curd, their are plenty of good ones out there, but it is very easy to make especially if you have left over lemons hanging around after making Limoncello.
Nigella Kitchen by Nigella Lawson
- ¾ cup lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon limoncello or lemon juice up to 2 tsp
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 small meringue cookies
- lemon zest
- Combine the lemon curd and limoncello. Whip cream just until it holds it’s shape.
- Drizzle half the lemon curd over the cream and gently fold in with a rubber spatula, then do the same with the remaining half. You don’t want it all folded in completely.
- Crumble the meringue cookies with your fingers into the fool, and gently fold into the mix. Spoon it into 4 small glasses and decorate with lemon zest and a drizzle of lemon curd.
- You can prepare this 2-3 hours ahead of time and refrigerate.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- Adapted from Nigella Kitchen