Waffles that are so good, that we call them world famous! Light and fluffy with a buttery taste for a perfect breakfast food. So good you don’t even need syrup.
Waffles are one of my favorite foods overall, whether they are served at breakfast or dinner. I found this wonderful recipe years ago and have never found a better one. They became known as my “world famous” waffles at some point. When Taylor was 6 or so, she had a friend over who asked if they were really “world famous”. I believe they could be if everyone would give them a try.
What makes any waffle recipe light and fluffy, is to separate the eggs and fold the whipped egg whites in at the end. Over the years, I have made these for sleepovers, advising groups, Victorian English and Creative Writing classes and most recently, as a last meal before going off to college. I hope that when the girls and their friends think back about mornings (or breakfast for dinner) at our house, these perfect waffles will bring back happy memories.
How do you make world famous waffles light and crispy
Step 1: Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Step 2: In a separate bowl mix together milk and egg yolks and add to the dry ingredients. Add melted butter.
Step 3: Whip the egg whites and fold them into the waffle batter.
What should you put on waffles
These waffles taste so good, you don’t want to cover them with syrup, just add a bit more butter and if you really want to add anything, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Of course you can add fruit or syrup but just know they are delicious all by themselves.
More breakfast ideas
- Baked pancakes are another favorite
- Caramelized baked French Toast
- Pancakes made in a sheet pan
- A perfect blueberry muffin
- Cinnamon rolls with peaches
- The best coffee cake ever
- Blueberry scones
- A super moist banana Bread
World Famous Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the milk and stir into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter and whisk together until smooth.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the batter.
If you make World Famous Waffles, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.