You can use any type of bread. I tried it with French bread and sourdough. Both were great. A trick when making French Toast is to use bread that is a little dry, it will soak up more of the liquid. If your bread is fresh, just cut it earlier in the day and let it sit out.
This is an awesome way to use up any left over egg nog.
Egg Nog French Toast
French toast never tasted so good as when soaked in eggs and egg nog. Assembled in just minutes with just 3 ingredients, this overnight breakfast casserole will be a big hit.
- Prep Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups egg nog
- loaf French bread
1. Butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg nog. Slice bread into 1-2 inch slices and place in the prepared pan. Pour egg mixture over bread and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350º.
4. Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to back for 15 minutes or until bread is slightly toasted and custard is set. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Let cool slightly before serving.