This no bake peanut butter pie is a slightly sweet, yet rich dessert that everyone is going to love. The perfect dessert for a dinner party, holidays or family gathering. A rich and creamy no bake pie that is a simply scrumptious make-ahead dessert.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie just might be your new favorite dessert
With a crumbly graham cracker crust, creamy peanut butter filling, and a sweet chocolate ganache, this no bake pie is going to be your new favorite dessert. A classic southern pie recipe that all peanut butter lovers are going to devour!
This easy peanut butter pie recipe can be cut into 16 servings so it’s a wonderful dessert to make when you’re serving a crowd. It’s a recipe that you can’t mess up, with simple ingredients. It does work best in a springform pan but you can use a deep dish pie pan. Along with sweet potato pie, it’s a classic Southern dessert.
A no-bake peanut butter pie can be a lifesaver when you want an elegant dessert that you can make in advance. Like cheesecakes, it freezes extremely well, just slice it first and all you have to do is thaw the number of slices you need.
While I call it a pie, it’s more like a no-bake cheesecake but lighter. Folding in whipped cream gives it an almost mousse like texture and adds to its decadence. With whipped cream and cream cheese, it’s rich, so you may want to cut this into small slices.
The peanut butter flavor is there but not extremely strong, it’s mellowed out by the cream and cream cheese and then topped with ganache. Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together, peanut butter lovers in my house can never get enough of chocolate peanut butter brownies. So add a thin layer of creamy ganache to the top and you are in chocolate peanut butter heaven. 🥰
Why this Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe is to die for…
- It calls for basic ingredients you probably already have
- The steps are seriously easy so there’s no baking skills, or baking, required
- It’s so rich you can serve small pieces and feed a large number of people
- It has a creamy ganache on top
- Nothing beats the chocolate peanut butter combo
What is Peanut Butter Pie made of?
- Graham crackers – a key ingredient in a classic pie crust but you can also swap this out for crushed Oreos.
- Brown Sugar – this is used in the graham cracker crust.
- Peanut butter – make sure you use creamy peanut butter!
- Cream cheese – room temperature cream cheese is needed to mix with the peanut butter.
- Heavy Cream – you will whip this and fold it into the cream cheese peanut butter. mixture to give it a light and airy texture. You also need a little cream for the ganache.
- Chocolate – Semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate can be used for the ganache.
- Pantry items – butter, sugar and vanilla extract
How to make Peanut Butter Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Step 1: Prepare crust
Combine graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter into a springform pan and refrigerate. For small crumbs, you can use a food processor to grind the graham crackers or place them in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin.
Step 2: Make filling
Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with a mixer until it is creamy.
Then, whip the heavy cream and fold it into the peanut butter mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
Step 3: Chill
Add the mixture to the springform pan and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
Step 4: Prepare ganache
After the pie has refrigerated, remove the edges of the springform pan. Prepare the ganache by heating heavy cream in the microwave and pouring over some chocolate. Once it’s combined and smooth, pour over the peanut butter pie filling and chill again until the chocolate has set.
Step 5: Serve
Wait until the ganache has cooled to cut and serve the pie.
How to serve Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache
Try cutting this into smaller slices than you might cut a cake or pie. While the whipped cream makes it as light as can be, it’s decadent. You’re going to eat every last morsel, so be mindful of the serving sizes. You can easily cut this into 16 slices. I made the slices a little generous for the photos.
Pro tip: Peanut butter pie needs to be refrigerated, it will become soft at room temperature. It will freeze easily, thaw it in the refrigerator.
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe storage
How long is peanut butter pie good for in the fridge?
You can keep peanut butter pie in the fridge for well up to a week. Just make sure to keep the pie covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Does peanut butter pie need to be refrigerated?
Peanut butter pie must be refrigerated. It will get very soft if left out at room temperature for long periods of time.
Can you freeze a peanut butter pie?
Yes, you can freeze peanut butter pie.
How long can you freeze peanut butter pie?
It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months just make sure to store in an airtight container. Let the pie thaw in the fridge before serving. Try slicing it before freezing to make it easier to serve.
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe (No Bake) FAQs
What toppings can you add to a peanut butter pie?
Crushed peanuts, Oreo cookies, chocolate shavings, or Reese’s peanut butter cups, are all great topping options. Anything chocolatey or peanut based will make a great addition on top of the pie.
More peanut butter recipes
- You have to try these fudgy peanut butter pretzel brownies.
- For another easy recipe, make these no bake peanut butter bars.
- These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a delicious combination of ingredients.
- Reese’s peanut butter bars are the easiest dessert for a potluck or game day.
More fabulous pies to try
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
Easy Peanut Butter Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- 2 cups Creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 16 ounces Cream cheese room temp
- 2 tablespoons Butter room temp
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- 4 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan going slightly up the sides. Place in the refrigerator to set while making the filling.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons softened butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Beat until well combined about 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold it into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon into the springform pan. Smooth out the top and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Remove the edges of the springform pan.
- Add chopped chocolate to a small bowl. Heat cream in the microwave for 1 minute and slowly pour it over the chocolate stirring until it is smooth and silky. Spread over the top of the chilled pie, drizzling down the sides if desired.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- You can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate for the ganache.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- This needs to be refrigerated. It will get soft at room temperature.
- Wait to remove the springform pan until it has refrigerated for several hours.
- You can make this 2-3 days in advance.