Chocolate pretzel peanut butter brownie has a rich fudgy base topped with peanut butter frosting. To make them even better, sprinkle them with chocolate covered pretzels.
A good friend that I work out with has a big birthday coming up this week and he has mentioned at least a million times, his love of chocolate. He knows I will bring him something on his birthday, so I asked how he liked his chocolate and he immediately mentioned peanut butter. Well that made my choice easy as these are a perfect blend of rich chocolate on the bottom and peanut butter on the top with some salty pretzels to add a little crunch.
The frosting will get messy if it’s hot, but it has cooled down this week, so I should be safe with these. So Milton, Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoy them.
Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownie
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 25 mini pretzels (1 cup)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Make the chocolate covered pretzels first. In a medium bowl, break up and melt the 2 oz of chocolate in the microwave. Toss the broken pretzels into the melted chocolate and stir around until they are covered. Put on parchment paper on baking sheet and refrigerate.
- Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. About 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate butter mixture until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a knife. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean, don’t cook too much.
- Using an electric handheld mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until completely smooth and no more chunks of butter are visible. Slowly mix in confectioners sugar, starting with just one cup. Add more confectioners sugar as needed. You want a very thick frosting layer.
- Once the brownies are completely cooled about 1 hour, frost with peanut better frosting. Chop up your chocolate covered pretzels and layer them on top of the frosting, gently pressing them down so that they stick. Refrigerate brownies for 30-60 minutes until the frosting sets on top of the brownies. Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.