I know it’s the holidays and you might be overloaded with sweet treats, but the kids are still at home and these are an all time favorite for both kids and adults. If your kids are home for the holidays I find that mine want a variety of sweets and you can never go wrong with peanut butter.
You might think that an oatmeal bar is trying to trick you into eating a healthy dessert. Not so, these are not healthy but the oatmeal does give them some texture and keeps them together. What I love about these is the small bites of Reese’s cup that you get in each bar, it’s so creamy and has just the right amount of sweetness and peanut butter.
How do you make Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Step 1: First you make a peanut butter cookie dough with peanut butter chips and peanut butter.
Step 2: Place a little more than half of the dough on the bottom of the pan and then cover that layer with the Mini Reese’s Cups.
Step 3: Top the Reese’s cups with the rest of the dough and bake.
So simple but the flavors are amazing.
They look a little bit like a blondie but not near as sweet. I think they’re the perfect combination, and if you cut them into bite size squares, it’s a great afternoon reward after a hard day!
Before the kids go back to school, make a batch to have on hand. They freeze great, and ship well if you need to send off some care packages once everyone has flown the nest. Or pack them in lunches for a nice surprise.
Need some more Peanut Butter treats
- Peppery peanut butter cookies for something a little different
- Don’t want to turn on the oven, try a creamy no bake peanut butter bar
- Make a sandwich cookie with a peanut butter filling
- Add some chocolate and peanut butter to some Rice Krispie treats
- Or try an all time favorite, Tiger Butter
If you make Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Reese's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter room temp
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 2 cups Reese's miniatures chopped or Reese's minis
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add peanut butter and continue mixing. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix until well combined. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan. Top with Reese's minis or chopped miniatures. Drop the remaining dough on top by spoonfuls and spread over the top. It doesn't have to be perfect and it won't cover all the Reese's.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then refrigerate before cut into bars.