Pecan Pie Bars are a simple dessert that has stood the test of time. With a buttery cookie crust and chocolate topping, you’ll never need to make pecan pie again.
How do you MAKE pecan pie bars
Not only do these taste wonderful but they are not difficult to make, just a couple of steps.
Step 1: Start with a basic cookie recipe and add finely chopped pecans to the batter and pat it into the bottom of a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Step 2: While the crust is baking, prepare a classic pecan pie filling of corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and pecans. Pour over the crust and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Step 3: As soon as you take this from the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. They will melt pretty quickly and you can spread them over the top for a smooth finish. An offset spatula works great for this.
More PECAN desserts
- Chocolate pecan slab pie for when you need to feed a crowd
- Chocolate chip tarts with pecans, great for parties
- Peach crumble with a pecan sandy topping
- Chocolate caramel bark topped with pecans
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans toasted
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pecans roughly chopped and toasted
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour and pecans and salt. Mix until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- While the cookies are baking, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in the pecans.
- When the cookie layer is done, remove from the oven and pour topping over the cookie layer. Return to the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until the top is set and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then using an offset spatula or a knife, spread the chocolate over the topping. Cool completely before cutting.
Leave a Reply