Baked Tequila chicken wings marinated in TEQUILA, lime juice and harissa paste for a slightly sweet and spicy game changer. Great for game night.
While bacon wrapped munchies may be the number one favorite for March Madness, chicken wings are a close second. But of course we can’t just have plain Jane ones, we need Tequila chicken wings. I used a good quality Tequila so that you really get the flavor from the Tequila without the alcohol. The alcohol is important though, because it helps tenderize the chicken wings before they’re cooked. There are so many great things going on with this recipe that your fellow basketball fans are going to love you for serving them.
These chicken wings get a lot of their flavor from Harissa paste. If you like more of a buffalo taste, then try my buffalo wings, or if you don’t like sauce at all then you’ll love parmesan chicken wings.
What is harissa paste
Harissa is made of dried chilies that have been rehydrated. The flavors can vary quite a bit from hot to mild. Some have a smokey flavor and some have more of a vinegar base. Give it a taste before adding to make sure it’s not too spicy. You can use it anytime you would use a hot sauce.
How do you make tequila chicken wings
Step 1: Start with a marinade of tequila, lime juice, harissa paste, to add a little heat, and just a touch of agave nectar to sweeten things up a bit. Let them marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Step 2: Place the wings on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can take the marinade and cook it down a bit on the stove to form a glaze while they’re baking. When they come out of the oven you can drizzle the glaze over the top. I thought these were pretty awesome without the glaze and not as messy to eat. You choose, messy or not so messy.
Need more party appetizers
- Roasted nuts with sage
- French mini croque monsieurs
- Bite size potato skins
- Tortilla pizza
- Creamy queso dip
- Sausage balls
- Baked crackers
- Savory cookies with tomato jam
- Sausage rolls
- Mushroom logs
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Tequila Chicken Wings
- 1 lb Chicken wings
- ½ cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2-3 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients and pour over chicken wings in a resealable bag. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450º. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and if you have a rack place it on top of the foil. If not, spray the foil with cooking spray. Cook for 25 minutes. Half way through, flip the wings. Cook until they are a golden brown.
- While cooking, add the marinade to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it forms a glaze. Pour over chicken wings before serving. This is optional.