Sausage phyllo cups are a simple and easy 4 ingredient appetizer that you can prepare in just 10 minutes. Simple doesn’t mean they’re not amazing. A great finger food for game days, parties or brunch.
Sometimes on Friday’s we don’t have a traditional dinner but just eat appetizers. It gives me a chance to experiment with several things and if one doesn’t turn out we generally have a couple of fall backs.
This week I experimented with a wonderful peach salad and these simple sausage phyllo cups that you can easily prepare in ten minutes. There are only 4 ingredients and this couldn’t be more simple.
Prepared phyllo shells are so convenient for making super bowl appetizers. They’re made of flaky phyllo dough and are perfect sized finger food for a party. When filled with sausage, ranch dressing and cheese you get a delicious savory treat.
What do you need to make phyllo appetizers
- Mini Phyllo cups, you can find them in the freezer section next to the pie crusts and puff pastry
- Breakfast sausage, I like Neese’s
- Ranch dressing, make your own or pick up a bottle from the grocery
- Cheddar Jack cheese
How do you make these EASY sausage cups
Step 1: Cook the sausage in a skillet
Step 2: Combine ranch dressing, cheese, sausage and some red pepper flakes.
Step 3: Fill phyllo shells and bake
Everyone loves sausage and when combined with cheese and ranch you get a great little appetizer that you can eat with your fingers without getting messy. Perfect finger food for game days or a party or brunch.
These can be served warm or at room temperature. They were great to munch on while watching the Women’s soccer games last weekend, so keep them in mind for football games in the fall and super bowl parties.
FAQ’s and tips
Phyllo shells come in a box located in the freezer section next to the pie crusts and puff pastry.
If you want to take the time to make your own shells, it takes a little work but it’s not difficult. Peas & Crayons walks you through all the steps.
While they are best served warm, they are still wonderful at room temperature which makes them the perfect finger food.
Need some more Simple Finger Foods
- Crescent rolls filled with mushrooms and cream cheese are my go-to appetizer
- Add some crispy sage to roasted nuts made in a skillet to really wow your guests
- Sausage balls without bisquick are always a favorite
- Bite size potato skins are always a hit
- No one can resist homemade cheese crackers
Sausage Phyllo Cups
- 30 mini phyllo cups
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 1 ½ cups cheddar jack cheese grated
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Remove to paper towel lined plate and let cool.
- Combine cheese and ranch dressing in a medium bowl and add sausage. Place phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet and fill with sausage mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted. Serve warm.
- You can substitute Italian sausage or chicken sausage.
- These are good served warm or at room temperature.
- Phyllo shells are found in the frozen food section next to the pie crusts and puff pastry.
If you make Sausage Phyllo Cups, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.