Sausage phyllo cups are a simple 4 ingredient appetizer that you can prepare in 10 minutes. Simple doesn’t mean they’re not amazing. Great for game days or any occasion.
Sometimes on Friday’s we don’t have a traditional dinner but just eat appetizers. It gives me a chance to experiment with several things and if one doesn’t turn out we generally have a couple of fall backs.
This week I experimented with a wonderful peach salad and these simple sausage phyllo cups that you can easily make in ten minutes. There are only 4 ingredients and this couldn’t be more simple.
What do you need to make sausage phyllo cups
- Mini Phyllo cups, you can find them in the freezer section next to the pie crusts and puff pastry
- Breakfast sausage, I like Neese’s
- Ranch dressing
- Cheddar Jack cheese
How do you make these EASY sausage cups
Step 1: Cook the sausage in a skillet
Step 2: Combine ranch dressing, cheese, sausage and some red pepper flakes.
Step 3: Fill phyllo cups and bake
Everyone loves sausage and when combined with cheese and ranch you get a great little appetizer that you can eat with your fingers without getting messy.
These are best warm or at room temperature. They were great to munch on while watching the Women’s soccer games last weekend, so keep them in mind for football games in the fall.
Need some more Simple Finger Foods
- Crescent rolls filled with mushrooms and cream cheese are my go-to appetizer
- Add some crispy sage to roasted nuts made in a skillet to really wow your guests
- Get everyone involved and make some pizza bites on tortillas
- Sausage balls without bisquick are always a favorite
If you make Sausage Phyllo Cups, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Adapted from A Southern Foodies Guide to the Pig
Sausage Phyllo Cups
- 30 mini phyllo cups
- ½ lb sausage
- 1 ½ cups cheddar jack cheese grated
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Remove to paper towel lined plate and let cool.
- Combine cheese and ranch dressing in a medium bowl and add sausage. Place phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet and fill with sausage mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted. Serve warm.